Friday, June 03, 2005

More Waiting!! Aaaahh!!!

So today was our doctor appointment to start the IVF process. Little did I know (although I should have known) was that the insurance process (paper shoving) takes 6 to 8 weeks. SO...today there was a lot of paperwork and I'll go for blood testing on Saturday and Peter has his blood testing today.

Although this sounds like a step in the wrong direction, Dr. put me on birth control pills for a month to rest my ovaries which have been incredibly medicated this past 6 months, and then I will start Gonal injections in July. HOPEFULLY, all the paper shoving will be done by then and we'll get our referral out to Honolulu and meet with Dr. Vu, the Reproductive Endocrinologist (did I spell that right?).

So today was both good and bad - I didn't get the news that I wanted (I wanted to start right away), but I guess it's a good idea to give my body a rest for a month. It just seems that after five years of this, another month is hard to wait for. *sigh*

Thanks for listening!!!

Mariah

No comments: