Tuesday, March 21, 2006

I Blame It All On McDonalds!!!

Ah what a day... a LONG day! I had a photo shoot this morning with a really nice family and another photo shoot this afternoon for sunset with another family. I decided to leave Haiku around 3pm so I could go to my in-law's for a few minutes before my sunset shoot.

On the way, I was STARVING. Having no cash, I stopped at McDonald's on Dairy Rd to grab a McChicken and some chocolate milk and pay with my credit card. The drive through line was crazy so I decided to go inside - long line there too. Only one register open... about 15 minutes later, it's finally my turn and the register has a sign on it "Credit Card Machine Broken". My heart sinks into my empty tummy. I ask the lady if she could ring me up on the register next to her cause that machine wasn't broken. "NO". Ok... sooo I get no food?? "NO - NEXT IN LINE!". I walked out of McD's, got into my car, and started bawling. I realize this is very overdramatic, but I was STARVING and the lady at McD's was rude, rude, rude!

So I had wasted about 20 minutes and was still starving. Now I was cutting it close to my photo shoot so decided to head straight for the West Side. I couldn't stop crying, and I was thinking of the nasty letter I was going to write to McDonalds when I saw blue lights flashing behind me. OH MY GOD... I'm being pulled over for speeding! For anyone who knows Kuihelani Hwy, it's basically a FREEWAY with a speed limit of 45mph - the most ridiculous thing on this planet - but I was going 69 according to the officer's speedgun. So by this time my tummy is starving, my face is welled with tears, I'm hyperventilating as I'm trying to find my insurance card and registration... and I got a ticket for $177. HOLY CRAP! Writing this now, I can see the humor in all of this, but at the time it was definitely NOT funny.

I made it to my photo shoot on time - it was a good session with a beautiful sunset. And Mommy Marissa made me beef stew for dinner which was really nice.

But I still blame all the bad stuff on McDonalds and they're definitely getting a nasty letter from me!

No comments: