Sunday, November 18, 2007

When she says, "Mama"

It's amazing how smart little kids are. Ryenne is so intuitive... so smart... so understanding. Everyday she's doing new things.

For a while now she's pointed to herself and says "Ry Ry", but today she saw herself in the mirror, stared for a little while, and said "Ryenne". I was so proud of her! She also knows how to give kisses and hugs, but she usually will just give a hug and avoid the kiss altogether.

Today was different though. She had a cold today and I was snuggling with her and taking care of her all day. Today she handed out the kisses and in the sweetest voice said, "Mama" throughout the day. To hear her say that in such a caring, understanding fashion just made my day. No, my year. No... probably my life!

As Thanksgiving approaches, I realize everyday what I'm most thankful for. And she's definitely at the top of the list!

No comments: