Friday, April 11, 2008

We're Moving to Austin!









Well... we found our dreamhouse. Or I should say that I found it and told Peter I wanted it. Hahaha

After driving all around Austin (to all the places I could afford anyway), I found a neighborhood I fell in love with. It's in South Austin about 20 minutes outside of town. It's called Olympic Heights and all the streets are named after olympic athletes. Anyway, the neighborhood is about 2 years old and they just closed out the neighborhood. So we checked out some resale homes. The neighborhood has a swimming pool, a toddler pool, open green spaces, and a playground. It has great sidewalks and you can really see the sense of pride that the homeowners have. All the yards are so pretty!

So here's the house I fell in love with. We put in an offer and it was accepted today! We close in mid-June and should move over in July. Peter might be coming earlier to start working.

I am so excited and nervous all at the same time! What a huge leap for us.

No comments: