Wednesday, June 05, 2013

Seven

Wow. Seven.

Happy Birthday my princess. I always sit down to write these yearly and I always cry. Happy tears of course.

It has been an amazing year for my baby girl. It's been so wonderful to watch her grow into being her own person with opinions, insight, questions, and even answers. Her wisdom is beyond her years. She wrote this poem the other day (by the way, for those on Instagram, I quoted it wrong and she let me know!)
"What is Love?"

 What is Love?
Is Love Magic?
Is Love Power?
No.
Love is Love.
It's so interesting to watch her as she mirrors me in so many ways - she is so much like me that it blows my mind sometimes. 

I feel like she's one of my closest friends - that we were meant to be in each others lives because we have a closeness that is pretty incredible. 

Her toothless smile has been pretty awesome this past year. Her laugh is infectious. When they're not fighting, as all siblings do, her brothers proclaim their love for their big sister. Cruz often says, "She's my best friend."

And while she is wise beyond her years, I love that she believes in magic and fairy tales. She believes that fairies bring the morning dew and the seasons. Butterflies are their best friends. She reminds me to see magic in everything. 

I love you with all my heart Ry. I had so much fun taking these 7 year old pictures of you! 



Side note: Pepper Dog was made by Gams when Monkey was just a baby. She loves her Pepper Dog and thought it would be the perfect prop for her shoot!

No comments: