Sunday, June 01, 2008

On the Superferry to Honolulu

We took Peter's car to Honolulu on the Superferry. What a trip! They were very organized getting everyone on and off with the cars. The boat was actually really, really nice and it was packed!

Nick came with me and I'm so glad that he did. He was such a HUGE help!

We got on the boat and the lounge was nice but there was only a view out the side. Nick decided to go walking around and came back and said "I found the spot!" So we went to the front of the boat which is like the First Class area and it has a panoramic view out the front. So we paid the extra $20 per person to stay there. It was neat that we did because one of my friends was up there with her little girl Paige who Ryenne loves to play with.

After about 10 minutes Ryenne said "Mommy, tummy hurts" and I knew she was feeling sick. She had diarrhea and threw up the night before so I was bummed that she wasn't feeling good. My friend Irene had some baby Dramamine so I gave that to Ry and she snuggled on Nick for a while before the Dramamine kicked in. Once it did, she and Paige were like crazy little girls running all around.

The ride was 3 hours and the ocean was very calm. I didn't get sick - amazingly! Just before we got to Honolulu the meds wore off and Ryenne got sick and threw up all over me. I had prepared by bringing her three extra pairs of clothes but I hadn't thought of myself.

So we de-boarded with a smell of vomit. LOL.




It was a quick drive to Ala Moana where we waisted a couple hours eating at Macaroni Grill and checking out a couple stores. I bought two stickers of the Hawaiian Island Chain to put on our cars when we're in Texas (gotta represent!).

Ryenne threw up again at Macaroni Grill and then she was starving and ate a bunch of Nick's spaghetti. Luckily she held that down.

We sold Peter's car to a really nice guy who promised to take care of it. Then we flew home on Hawaiian Air. It was our first time flying First Class! YAY for Hawaiian Miles points. =)

No comments: