Saturday, July 18, 2009

The Countdown

"Is it August 5th yet, Mama?"... I hear these words several times a day now. The countdown to Maui is ON in the Dagupion household.

Ry is beside herself excited. She talks about the beach daily, eating noodles, and visiting Gramma and Papa and her cousin and all the other family that we haven't seen in over a year now.

While she's stalling when I am telling her it's goodnight time, she says, "Mama, let's talk about our trip. I'm excited." And I assure her that I am excited too but she has to go to bed!

I am really looking forward to her seeing familiar things from when she was a baby. Will she recognize things? I'm not sure. But I know that Maui will always hold a sense of home and familiarity for all of us. I hope that Kai finds it to be his second home as well. This will be his first time visiting, first time on a plane, first time at the beach. Very special!

On another note, since I really can't keep this a secret... we are adding to the family. Another little Dagupion is due in February or March. Total surprise. Scared? Yes. Hopeful that things will be fine? Yes. I will just do the very best that I can. I wouldn't be able to hide this much anyway cause it seems my uterus thinks it's huge already and I have a big grapefruit sized belly already.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Congratulations! That is great news, a new little love. Three! My sister just had her third boy, and is doing great. Home alot more, but she still gets Luke to school and all three to swim lessons.

KC said...

Congrats Mariah! I always think about having another baby, 3 kids is a nice dynamic. I have heard that the transition from 2 to 3 kids is easier than from 1 to 2. I'm very excited for you. Hope to see you guys in when your here!