Sunday, July 12, 2009

HOME

Oh it feels SO GOOD to be home. To say Austin is beautiful is an understatement. After spending a couple days in El Paso, it just goes to show that Austin is very much our home.

It was really challenging being away from the kids for almost 3 days. I was a wreck. They were totally fine of course. Thank you so much mom (and dad) for helping us out.

I must be a huge wimp. I just can't stand being away from them. I think they grew while we were gone. Maybe when they're a little older and more independent it will be easier to leave them and go on adventures/work without them - but right now it's not easy and I am a gooey mess without them.

El Paso was... interesting. It was wild driving on the I-10 and seeing another country on the other side of the freeway and the dilapidated shanty town on one side with a sprawling new neighborhood on the other (American) side. I felt like a foreigner. I don't speak Spanish, and everyone there does. I was blown away at the amazing architecture that is being allowed to become dilapidated and sad. It's a much dirtier city than Austin. And it was hard finding non Mexican food! LOL. Mexican restaurants next door to Mexican restaurants!!! I don't like Mexican food, so that was different for me. LOL.

Anyway, we are home with the kiddos and as happy as can be.

No comments: