Friday, January 27, 2012

GRRRRRR

What a day.

My mom and Peter and I discussed our pup, Dexter today. Dexter is going to be 10 this year. We fear that he won't make the flight to Hawaii well. This KILLS me. I miss that dog so much. And what's worse, when I left Austin I thought he was flying with Emmy and I told him, "See ya in a couple weeks, Dex!" not knowing that I won't see him again for a long time. We decided that it's better for him to stay in Reno with my mom where he can be pet 75% of the day on my Grammie's lap, romp around with dog friends, and have a fully enclosed backyard to play in. It's better for him, but it still hurts because I selfishly want my dog. But I know this is the right decision for his happiness and well being and I know that he's being loved on more than the attention that I can give him right now. So "a hui hou" my sweet Dexter Boy. Until we meet again!! I love you so much. You have been the best dog I have EVER had.

In other GRRRRRR news.... when I first moved to Austin I sold a gift certificate to this guy for his sister to use that Christmas for Holiday Photos. I reminded her to use it and she didn't. Then the next year I told her I'd extend the certificate for her to use. And she didn't use it. Then she called right after Cruz was born and she didn't like the days I offered her. Then I didn't hear from her again until today - in 2012 - and she was shocked that I wouldn't refund the money. Now she's writing all kinds of negative reviews all over the internet. For me this is really hard because I am one of those people who does care about what people think of me. I try to do right in everything I do. It's been a lifelong struggle to understand that I can't please everyone all of the time. And I want people to like me - I really do! So it just hurts that this woman is going online to slam my business and my business practices. But I think she just sounds kind of silly because she says, "How was I supposed to know you moved?" when I advertised it for 7 months on facebook, my blog, and website. I guess she just never really valued my work anyway. But it still hurts to know that someone out there has a bad taste in their mouth. GRRRR.

No comments: