Tuesday, July 05, 2016

4th of July

We had such a nice day yesterday! The boys were home from Summer Pals so it was just me and the two of them during the day. I tried to get some work done on my computer before giving up completely - it's just impossible when the kids are home.

When Peter got home from work we did an "All American" dinner - sort of. It was actually quite hilarious. Peter and Cruz wanted cheeseburgers, I wanted a tofu sandwhich, and Kai wanted Udon. So I had an internal laugh that what does "all American" even mean anyway?

We got some sparklers for the boys but they were total junk - it was a little disappointing until we were invited to the end of the street where the neighbors all pooled their fireworks together and the boys were over the moon to get to participate. This year they were finally able to handle themselves around the excitement - in years past I was always really nervous of them around the flames. This year they rocked it. The only thing we were missing was our little lady!











No comments: