Saturday, August 13, 2005

Be grateful...

Working in the tourism industry, it never ceases to amaze me how ungrateful people can be. And these are adults no less. In my day to day working life, I do about 17 portrait sittings a day. These are FREE little sittings with the waterfalls and greens in the background at the Westin. Out of those 17 maybe about 5 will say thank you. This blows me away.

It astonishes me that people can actually critisize my work - devalue my work - just because it's free. And they do this in front of their kids. What kind of message does that send to the kids? It tells them that it's ok to critisize someone. It's ok to turn your nose up and walk away without a second thought.

It's very important to me, especially now, to recognize the kindnesses and good thoughts of others. Even it's a small little thing - a smile and a thank you can make someone's day. I know that one small Thank You sure makes my day better.

No comments: