Thursday, November 17, 2005

Yay for regular food!

I've had a really good couple of days! I'm starting to eat more regular foods and I'm so happy about that. I was really getting tired of just having bagels and cream cheese!

I had dinner with my mom the other night and had salad and clam chowder. It was great! Then last night I had a great reunion with Leizl, a friend of mine since high school, and we had wonderful Italian at Basil Tomato. I had Eggplant Parmesan and it was SO good! Today Peter and I went to Sam Sato's and I had a bowl of noodles and a BBQ stick. So it seams that my tastes are finally expanding and I'm able to eat more. I know Peter will be happy about that too, as so many foods have 'stunk up the house' and I didn't like it. I still think the dried aku smells nasty though.

I still don't like soda and sweet stuff. Which is a great thing since I'm at risk for gestational diabetes due to my weight. So that's just my body's way of looking out for itself I think.

On another note, we saw baby Landon today and I got to feed him and rock him to sleep. He's just so precious and I'm sure I could just stare at him for hours! I also hung out a bit with Nana and talked story with her.

I have two due dates.... the IVF due date says June 9 and Kaiser says June 8... so I guess it's safe to say that I am 11 weeks along right now. I'm starting to feel a little more weight/pressure in the abdomen and it's not comfortable to lay on my back for very long, so I'm mostly sleeping on my sides already. Regular pants are just too tight so I've moved on to stretchy pants and even bought a couple maternity ones (which are super comfy by the way).

So that's my update for now! I'm excited that Thanksgiving is next week, and then I have another doc apt in early December to check up on things. One more week until I'm done with the first trimester! WooHoo!

No comments: