Monday, March 10, 2008

Our Disastrous First Night

This morning I decided that it's time for Ryenne to stop nursing and to not sleep in our bed anymore. Night after night, morning after morning she attacks my poor boobies and I have been losing so much sleep. I wake up every morning exhausted on my 10" of bed space that I have (since she tends to move diagonal).

So all day when she asked for "Booboo" I offered a cup or bottle of milk, water, or juice. She did pretty good. Only a couple of fits. I set up the portacrib in her room and showed it to her. She looked excited!

Then nap time came... I put in her bed and BOOM - threw up on herself. Changed the blanket and put her back down. She figured out how to climb out, and repeatedly did so. After two hours of putting her back in bed, she FINALLY went down for her nap. Tired, I snuck out of the room, turned off the tv in the living room, drank some water, and went into my room. I crashed onto the bed and just as I close my eyes into sleep, "Mama! Mama!". She had woken up after only a 20 minute nap.

I got up and hugged her and told her what a good girl she was for sleeping in her own bed.

Fast forward to night time and she eats dinner, takes a bath, has a little TV time, and then a story. I tell her it's Ny Ny time and she points to my bed and says "Mommy bed!" and I tell her No... she has to sleep in her bed. Put her in, CRYING, climbing out of the crib. Repeat putting her back. Throw Up. Turn on the lights and change her and the bedding again. Now I'm nervous cause this is the last blanket that I have for her. Put her back in, kiss her, and tell her good night.

More crying. Then.... throw up again. This was the doozie. The bedding was completely soaked through and the portacrib mattress had to be washed.

She was stoked going running to Daddy to be 'saved'. I took the pad outside and rinsed it off. No more blankets. No more bedding. Wet bed that needs to dry. Boy did she know how to work it!

Now it's 11pm and I'm ready for bed. She's sleeping on the couch with Peter and I think I'm going to leave her there so I can get some snoozin on!

No comments: