Thursday, August 21, 2008

A Great Birthday

Well today I am 28 years old!! Me and Ry slept in and woke up together. Peter came upstairs and we tickled Ry for a bit and he pulled out a cute card. It was so nice.



Then we went downstairs and he had a bouquet of roses waiting for me on the table (my favorite color roses!) with another card with a really sweet note inside. I'll admit I cried because it was so sweet (love you babe!).

So we heard that there's a Filipino store about 15 minutes from our house so we set off to go find it. It's a small store and they make daily specials. I had some halo-halo and lumpia and Ry and Peter shared a plate with soup, pancit, and rice. They were very happy campers!!




Peter had to head to work shortly after we got home from our outing. Ry and I played and then she (finally) went down for a nap and I crashed with her. It was a good nap - that kind where you get all drooly. hahaha

We woke up at 7pm and decided to go to Wal-Mart because I still need a few things for my bag to take when I go into labor and a few things to get her for pre-school next week. We spent a good half an hour in the shoe aisle trying to find shoes for her. She's a size 7 and literally everything was either a 6 or an 8. I was getting so frustrated. Then.... from down the aisle I spotted them - the perfect pair of Ry shoes. I was hoping they were a 7 and sure thing they were!!! She loves them and wore them throughout the entire store. Too cute.



So after Wal-Mart I had a mean hankering for egg rolls and orange chicken from Panda Express. They close at 10pm and we drove by right at that time. We went in the store and they were just tossing all the food. They had just tossed the orange chicken - DARN IT! - but they hadn't yet tossed the egg rolls. So they gave me 4 egg rolls and 10 crab rangoons and told me to just take them and have a great night! YAY! Free food! That made it even tastier =)

It was a great birthday.

No comments: