Saturday, November 15, 2008

WooHoo! I'm working out!!!

I had my six week check up and got the big OK for rigorous activities *wink* so I can exercise now!

Around Christmas time last year Peter and I were discussing the hopes to have a second baby. So we decided that I would lose some weight to aid in getting pregnant and I ordered a Pilates machine. So the machine arrived just before our trip to Oregon and Disneyland and when we got home we discovered that we had a Christmas gift that showed up late (I was pregnant!). So the Pilates machine was put away...

Day before yesterday I had Peter pull it out of the closet and I'm on day three of using it. It's FABULOUS! Low impact and works muscles that I didn't even know exist.

Feeling really good and hoping that this combined with my afternoon walk with the kids and cutting out majority of my sugar will really help me out. I have so much baby jiggle to lose around my tummy. I heard that's really hard stuff to lose. And it's so weird cause since my C-Section with Ry I have ZERO feeling on that skin. The nerves are just shot.

So maybe if I do drop poundage and just can't lose that piece of flab I'll get a tummy tuck or something. LOL

So all you readers out there (I know there's more than one of you!), please help keep me motivated! My goal is to move from a size 18/20 to a size 14 in the next 6 months. I think that's pretty reasonable, don't you?

1 comment:

Christine said...

That is mosrt definitely reasonable! Losing the baby weight the second time around has been a challenge! I still have about 15 lbs to go!! Working out and diet are key! Just be sure to change it up...or your body will get used to what you are doing and you'll plateau! Before we started having kids I buckled down and lost about 70lbs! Took me about 10 months! But during that 10 months it was bye bye sugar...hello lots of fresh fruit, veggies and protein! But I had to change up my diet and exercise routine every now and then cause I would reach point that I would go a couple weeks and not lose anything! I know how hard it is...but keep at it girl, because there is nothing like reaching the goal of getting back in shape!!!