Saturday, March 14, 2009

He is so strong!

Kai boy is doing great!! As for me... well I think I am taking more recovery time than him.

The Tylenol with Codeine helped him sleep really nicely last night. He is nursing like a champ, smiling, "talking", grabbing... being totally his normal self. Just when his meds start wearing off he gives a cry that tells me he hurts.

He has tubes that go into where the abscess was and I have to shoot peroxide into it twice a day to clean out the insides. He is veeeeeery constipated and it will probably hurt to take a poop. But he is one strong little kid!

Me on the other hand... well I don't know if I caught a bug at the hospital or the stress is just hitting me... I've had a major tummy ache all day long and needed sleep. Lucky Kai is so sleepy. =) Peter has let me sleep the day away. Ry has been a champ all day too. She's wearing her "Super Ryenne" pajamas and says she's "Super Ryenne Docotor" and helping me with everything. Couldn't ask for better!

The surgeon said he's seeing kids come in with staph infections and abscesses on a daily basis. So what Kai had isn't rare and could have been picked up from just about anywhere. It was rather deep though and I'm glad it's gone!

The picture above is when they brought him back to his room. Little dude got stuck with a purple gown. LOL.

1 comment:

a little on the brokenhearted side said...

Wow! How scary...

How do you find the medical care in Austin? We just moved from Maui to Oregon and while miss our dr I am finding the services way better here. And I was able to have waterbirth paid for by insurance....wouldn't have happened at MMMC...

Aloha;
Lori (I "met" you on Parentsplace and we were at MMMC @ the same time when our girls were born)