Friday, May 23, 2014

Buck up and do the right thing

Major mommy guilt going on over here. Have to let it out somewhere (so yeah, internet it is!).

I had to give up on going back Paleo. Turns out it didn't work so well for me (gave me the WORST BREATH). I actually had to try NOT to talk to clients directly. So carbs have come back into my life, though they are non-gmo and as organic as possible. Overall, I am feeling great myself. However, the guilt I'm having is over what's going on with Ryenne.

I've been a bad mom. With the day to day business that is life, I have handed over the reigns of 2/3 of her meals to the State of Hawaii. Everyone wakes up grumpy (seems the only morning people are Peter and Cruz) and it's a hurdle getting out the door to school and breakfast at school. Then it's lunch at school. Seeing what is going on with Ryenne's body is completely my fault.

The obesity in our children is 100% related to the food that they eat. The food provided to kids via school is crap. The milk is crap. And I've let it happen. My beautiful girl has a taste for food that is terrible for her and this is going to be quite the battle to reverse.

I was doing great for a while making home lunches, but the kids have a hard time putting the lids on their box after lunch and then I have a huge mess to clean up after school. So here's the plan...

New easy clean lunch-boxes. Prepping for the week on Sundays. NO EXCUSES. There is no excuse for my laziness. If the kids don't want to eat what I've made, then they don't eat until they're ready to eat it. I can't do it. I can't watch Ry get bigger and bigger. I just can't it's killing me it's my fault.

Summertime is a few days away. This is my opportunity to start planning more, start making these changes for all three of them. Buck up and make the time to cook more, prep more, organize more.

1 comment:

Susan said...

So hard. It's so hard. Give yourself grace. And just take it one day at a time. Love and hugs.