Thursday, October 13, 2005

What a Difference A Number Can Make!

I slept terrible last night. I just couldn't get comfortable no matter how I tried. I thought this was all over. My doctor is on the mainland right now and the fact that the nurse called him to tell him my low number scared me. It was horrible.

But that was yesterday - this is today. Although I only slept for four and a half hours, I woke up to a 9am phone call (on the dot) and Peter told me it was Erin, my nurse. OK - my heart was pumping fast, my adrenaline went up - I had to prepare myself for what she was going to say.

She said, "There's been a terrible mistake! Damn Kaiser! They didn't fax over your lab paperwork so I called them to find out your number from Tuesday and they said 529. She missed an entire number because its five-THOUSAND-two-hundred-ninety-one!!!! This puts me right where I should be and we're still in the running for twins. A HUGE sigh of relief to know that the little "pepper" is doing ok and growing as he/she should.

I have another blood test on October 17th (at Kaiser) and then we have our first ultrasound appointment scheduled for November 7th on Oahu at Dr. Vu's office where we'll get to hear the heartbeat for the first time. =) Exciting.

Oh my.... what a difference a day makes!

No comments: