Saturday, June 17, 2006

All is well!


Been a busy few days! Meant to come on by and post earlier, but I was so tired I used my free time to sleep. =)

Ryenne had her first big outing yesterday (wish I got a picture of her in her stroller!). We had my first doctor appointment, an appointment for her, a visit to Nana and Pupu's house, a visit to Peter's old co-workers at Maui Medical Group, and then a short stop at Sears to buy her some footie pajama's for night-time. She did so well! She loves riding in her carseat (puts her right to sleep) and she barely fussed the entire day - well, except when she was hungry.

The breastfeeding is going so much better. I am still using the nipple shield even though the lactation consultant told me not to. It's made my life so much easier, feedings so much easier, and while my nips are raw, raw, raw, it's helping with that too. I know that I'll wien her off the shield when I'm ready. For now, I have to do what feels right for me and her.

My cesarian cut is a little infected - so I have to take antibiotics. I'm kinda bummed about that. The doctor said that it won't have any impact on Ryenne, but really... I think anything that I take impacts her.

She is an amazing baby. She is lifting her head already, and at night she scoots her little body so close to mine that when I wake up, she's all snuggled next to me with the most content look on her face. I could just stare at her all night, but then soon realize that I'm a walking zombie and I go back to bed. LOL.

She's waking up now! Time for a diaper change, a sponge bath, and a fresh onesie.

No comments: