Tuesday, May 20, 2008

It's JUST a DOG Damnit!

So I thought booking Peter's flight was going to be easy... well it wasn't!

USAir had the most direct flight - Maui to Phoenix to San Antonio. Easy! ... or so I thought.

I decided to call them to get their pet policy before I booked. Good thing I did because they don't deal with pets coming or going to Hawaii - period. I explained that there's no quarantine going out of the state... doesn't matter. They don't do it.

So I get online and see that Hawaiian has a flight Maui to Phoenix. Call them and they have an embargo from April to October. No pets to hot areas. But they do go to LA. Research a little more and find a flight from Honolulu to LAX. YAY! So check on that and book it with Hawaiian. I had enough miles to get a free flight from Maui to Honolulu for Peter. That part was all set.

Then check on LAX to San Antonio.... called several airlines. US Air wants over $400 for the flight. Southwest is cheap - call them and they don't take pets AT ALL. FINALLY! Got a flight on United LAX to San Antonio DIRECT. It's an extra $100 for the dog. Ah well... at least it all works out. PHEW! I'm exhausted! haha

No comments: