Tuesday, July 08, 2008

The Meaning of Life

I went grocery shopping yesterday which was a new experience here in Texas. For starters, everything is really cheap! Well I buy organic everything I can so that does make it a bit more pricey but... anyway getting off track here.

There were nectarines on sale and I bought two of them. I usually don't buy more than one or two on Maui cause they usually suck and then I'm glad I didn't buy more. Well today I sliced one open to share with Ry.

As we each took a bite, our eyes and face lit up. It was like tasting a bit of heaven. Really made you sit back and enjoy each and every flavor and let the darn thing drip all over our faces!

As we each savored each bite, it occurred to me that this nectarine was a metaphor for our lives. Life is about savoring every moment. Sitting back and ENJOYING. Through all the stresses that go on in our daily lives, it's moments like the ones me and Ry just had that make everything worth while.

No comments: