Sunday, July 06, 2008

A Quick Update

We FINALLY have internet up and running in the house. The past few days have been a flurry of various things... I like to say I'm suffering BIG TIME from Murphy's Law. LOL

Our first night was pretty uneventful. We met the neighbors across the street and they are super duper nice. We've been having fun playing in the yard too. Ry has walked through the entire house and declared that "I Wuv It" as she puts it.

The second day I had the carpets thoroughly cleaned as they were in need of it. No sooner had I spent the money that Ry deceides to throw a two year old fit and makes herself throw up all over the living room.

I bought the dogs each a kennel that goes in the dining area on the linoleum and have put them in their the past two nights. They also eat in there. I haven't slept better in a long time! Even though I'm on an air bed, the extra room where I can actually move around is priceless. Ryenne is having fun torturing them and banging on their kennel. She's very much a two year old!!!

We have zero furniture and limited toys, so you can imagine that keeping Ry occupied while trying to organize the things that we've bought (kitchen stuff) has been a huge challenge for me. It's always something!

This morning Peter left at 5am to go to work and at 5:15am all of the fire alarms went off in the house. I grabbed Ry and ran out of our room and headed downstairs. No fire THANK GOODNESS, but there are 6 alarms in the house and they were all going off and it was crazy shrill loud. The former owners didn't leave any instructions with the alarm company and I tried to call them but it was too early in the morning. Since I have no ladder and Ry clinging to me I had to call the fire department to come help me. I couldn't think of anything else to do! So they came and they de-wired all of the alarms to get them off. Once I talk to the former owners I can figure out what to do and then re-hook them all up so they're hard wired. Maybe I'll change all the batteries just in case. Anyway, it was a scary way to start the new day - especially since I was by myself.

So these are all new things for us to learn - the fire alarms, the house alarm, the A/C, and how to take care of our lawn! I think it needs to be watered today but I'll need to go online to see how long I should water it for. I'm not well known as a person with a green thumb.

Me and Ry are off to the grocery store to stock our new fridge with food. Oh yeah... that's another story... the fridge arrived with a huge dent in it. So they're bringing out a new fridge door tomorrow. LOL. ALWAYS SOMETHING! So I'm taking everything with a sense of humor.

That's all for now... will post later when Ry isn't climbing on me.

No comments: