Monday, October 27, 2008

The expanding heart... amazing

While I was pregnant with Kai (not knowing it was a boy of course!) my biggest worry, as every parent I'm sure worries, was that I was so in love with my daughter, how could I possibly love this new baby as much?

The emotions of becoming a parent to two kids after being a mom of one for two years was hard for me because I am so attached to my daughter that I just couldn't imagine there was enough room to love anyone else as much as I love her.

Well, firstly Kai's birth left me in complete awe over the power of being a woman. I'll be forever thankful that I got to experience such a beautiful event. And that first moment when I had him and he was on my chest and still attached by the cord... well... as we all saw on Dr. Seuss' "How the Grinch Stole Christmas", my heart expanded that day exponentially.

I was nursing him in the middle of the night last night, just me and him awake, and I was just in amazement over how every fear that I had about not loving him enough was such a stupid thing to worry about. I am so blessed to be a mom of two beautiful children. I am so in love!!

No comments: