Sunday, July 24, 2011

Perfect Day

Yesterday was an absolutely perfect day. We headed to Maui Mall for some fountain play with my friend Leizl and her two girls. The kids had a ball. Then we headed to Haiku for some much needed hangout time with Nico and Abra. 

The pictures uploaded completely out of order... sorry about that.

Cruz and Aunty Abra

The kids got to climb the avocado tree with Uncle Nico. Kai was pretending it was a horse.


The tall grass was absolutely GORGEOUS. I wish I had brought my big camera with me (these are all iphone pictures). The kids and Uncle Nico were pretending they were tigers in the grass.


Of course a visit to Haiku wouldn't be complete without some fishing in the pond. Kai caught an orange fish and Ry caught a few of the silver fish. She even touched one! Kai still doesn't want to touch the fish, but he likes to reel them in.
Love this one of Kai looking back at me. He was making sure I was watching him fish like a "big boy".

This one uploaded completely out of order... grrr... Papa and Cruz napping together.

Big boy Cruz at the water fountains. He's starting to look like such a big boy.

Back to Haiku!!
Cruz is "cooking"

And getting kisses from Brutus

I ADORE this picture of Nico and Kai with the pups. LOVE IT.
More climbing the avocado tree. Ryenne was like a little monkey :)


See the monkeys in the tree?

Nico's cat PoKitty was in the tree too!

It was such a beautiful, magical day in Haiku. Haiku is such an incredibly beautiful, magical place. The kids love being there. They love hanging out with their uncle. It was just such a wonderful, wonderful day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures! How I miss Maui. Especially the WEATHER and serene beauty. I really took that for granted when I was young! I find myself sad that I cannot give my children the "outdoor playtime" experience I had as a child because it's just either too HOT or too COLD here in Texas. I know there is no going back for us, but sometimes I sure miss Maui! I'll have to do my best to fit a partial lifetime into my two week visit with Eliana next month!

Peace, Love & Haircuts ;),
Missy

Kristi said...

this is all so "everyday hawaii" to me. the sun and playfulness. cruz is looking much older. x.