Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Finally

Rewind to Thursday. Peter was flying in at 1:15pm. I spent the morning giddy. I think it was even worse than my wedding day. I just couldn't wait for 1pm to roll around. I headed to Kahului at noon and knew the kids needed toothpaste so I went to Whole Foods to hang out. I bought their toothpaste and was so hungry I felt sick. So I bought a salted chocolate bar. YUM. 

I drove to the airport and decided to see if I could see the plane land. I went to the back road and parked. I waited. A plane appeared in the distance. It was Hawaiian Airlines. Peter was on that plane. I stood there jumping up and down waving like a lunatic (he didn't see me). I got this image on the hipstamatic. Love it.
When he touched down he texted me that he'd be heading down the escalator. I parked the car and headed to the baggage claim area. I waited. My heart was racing. RACING!! My palms were sweaty. After two months he was HERE - in the same time zone. 
I had visions of running and tackling him - something crazy from a movie. But when he came out I just grabbed him and started bawling my eyes out. It was wonderful to have him here FINALLY.

I told the kids I had a photo shoot and we'd go get Daddy when the sun went down. So I walked in the house before Peter and the kids asked when it was time to get him. Then he walked in and they didn't know quite what to do. They were frozen with confusion. It was hilarious. Then they ran to him and hugged and kissed him. 

Peter's mom made a great dinner and we were just glad to be all together. 

That first night with him here really made me realize how much we balance each other. Even the kids were more balanced. I think they can sense when I'm not at my best and they tend to push my buttons. With Peter here I am a better mom. And they are better kids (haha). 

The next morning we took the kids out to breakfast at the Plantation House. It was really yummy. The kids loved the birds that come into the restaurant.

On Saturday we got a very special treat. Peter got comp nights at the Four Seasons Wailea. Two nights with no kids. My friends hooked us up with a suite. When I asked my friend how much the suite was worth, she told me $1595 per night. PER NIGHT! OMG! That is more than my mortgage for ONE NIGHT. And we were there two nights. Holy crap!

We ate dinner at Ferraro's and had an ocean front table. The sunset was incredible. The food was incredible. The service was unparalleled.
Below is our view from the table.

After dinner we went for a walk and then to the movies together. We went running in the morning followed by heading to Kaanpali to go banana boating with Jean and Patrick. It was SO MUCH FUN. It was Kama'aina day at UFO parasailing and to go banana boating was $10 per person and they gave a free t-shirt. I got knocked off once. The water was incredible. On the way out to the UFO boat on the raft I snapped this picture - a little heart cloud over Kaanapali.




We sat at the beach at night and watched the stars and ran around in the dark and the waves. We talked - a lot. We've come a long way from last year. For a while I didn't know if we'd make it. But now I love how strong we are - how much of a team we are.


I'm so glad he's here - FINALLY. So glad we're a team. So glad we can enjoy this amazing place with our kids. And plan our lives here. I would really love to be back permanently by December.

2 comments:

maui said...

Mariah-You look absolutely radiant! Your time on Maui has certainly agreed with you. I hope you are back on that beautiful island by December and can start your new life:-) Jan

Kristi said...

it's been a while sorry, i've been staying off the computer lately.

i can feel your happiness from here. throughout this post my heart was pitter pattering. x.