Sunday, November 27, 2011

The House

This morning me and Ryenne headed to Makawao to see our house. We met with the owner, Emi, and talked story a while. It was so refreshing to meet her and hear her introduce herself to Ryenne as "Auntie Emi" - that is so Hawaii. I missed that.

We went to check out the house and the current tenants are moving out. They are extremely messy people. The house is in serious need of cleaning. Ryenne was quite disgusted. I could see past it all to the beautiful house that it is. It should be ready on 12/2 and sparkly clean. So excited. I can't figure out which bedroom to claim as ours. All three bedrooms are quite small but light and bright. There's also a wonderful cross breeze through the house.

The dining room with the living room through the arch

The kitchen - the counters are butcher block - really pretty!
 There's a really beautiful lanai in the front and gardening space. The baseboards and crown moulding through the entire home are really, really gorgeous. I can't wait to start decorating for Christmas. I can just see lots of baking going on in the kitchen. And it's just a short walk from school. I also found out a high school classmate lives right next door and has a little boy Kai's age. SWEET!

After visiting the house, I took Ry to Maui Child Toys & Books on Makawao Ave to pick out a special toy for her Mommy & Me date. We then went and had lunch at Cafe O'Lei and shared a brownie sundae. I think she had a great day with her Mama!

2 comments:

Susan said...

I so can see beyond the messes too. It's going to be perfect for you. So exciting

Kristi said...

it so cute and so you mariah. glad you are home. x