Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Happenings

Day before yesterday our POD arrived!

Halloween was pretty bad this year. Not nearly as many kids as last year, so I have a big bucket of candy leftover. I think I'll end up dumping it. I have no will power against these things! Ryenne was Ariel the Little Mermaid, Kai was Spiderman, and Cruz was an apple. But he got upset and ripped the apple off his onesie. We're at a tough spot with Kai Boy... he still needs a nap, but it's hard to get him to take one. So by dinnertime he's just a whiny puddle. This was my Halloween. Whiny puddle boy!

Yesterday was Peter's birthday and we spent the morning loading up lots of big things. We still have the chest of drawers, office, dining table, and our big bed to load. And kitchen things. But we got the big hutch and the living room credenza in. The living room is starting to look more empty!
I volunteered to read in Ryenne's class yesterday as well. I didn't tell her that I was coming. So when I walked into the classroom her eyes lit up! She ran over and gave me a giant hug. The classroom was in total chaos. Her teacher was having the kids clean up all the day's messes (it was toward the end of the day). Once everything was put away, I read the kids Leonardo the Terrible Monster, which is about a monster who tries to be scary but then decides it's better to be a great friend instead. After I was done reading, the teacher sat in front of the class and gave out scoldings for everyone being naughty. She said, "I know you all didn't go to bed on time last night because it was Halloween. And I know you probably had a lot of candy. I don't want to have another day like it was today." and then she went on to say that only two students behaved. First she called up a little boy and he got a sticker in his sticker book. And then she called up Ryenne. Her little face just lit up - she was so proud that I was there to see her recognized by her teacher. I was SO PROUD OF HER.

When we got home we got ready to drive to San Marcos where we heard there was a new Hawaiian restaurant. It's actually a lunch trailer in a cute little trailer park with picnic tables. So we got ono Hawaiian grinds for Peter's birthday. It was a great time.

Today the boys are playing with boxes. I've packed a few more things. It's hard to load with the boys around so since they'll be in school tomorrow I'm hoping to get a lot more done. Cruz thinks boxes are the coolest toys ever!



No comments: