Monday, November 07, 2011

What a day!!!

You hear me say it every year, but I'm saying it again: I hate the time changes that happen twice a year. Once again the kids were up early - 5:30am to be exact. I was still exhausted from packing up the master bedroom yesterday.

Thankfully, a drop in day was available at the preschool so I took the boys today and powered out all the furniture in the house. I did a lot of Goodwill runs and rubbish runs. The only thing left to tackle is getting the food out of the fridge and pantry and bringing it to my dad's house and cleaning out the garage and bringing my dads tools back to him.

I got frustrated today because Peter really sucks at moving. I had to yell at him a few times and I was really upset. But I took a deep breathe and told myself that everything I'm doing I'm doing for ME because I WANT TO and it doesn't matter what he does or doesn't do because I can make it happen myself. So I gave myself a break and said to myself, "I'm going to check my email right now and there's going to be a new photography booking." And I checked and sure enough there was one for December 5. So that put a big smile on my face.

Then Peter told me that the job he applied for at the Four Seasons Maui wasn't available anymore because  the original person who had quit decided to come back to work. Bummer. So the search is still on.

And then after moving big furniture myself and busting my butt it was time to get the boys. Once the kids were home it really got crazy. Nobody would listen to anything and it was all around chaos. I looked at my dirty, empty house and realized that this part of our lives is REALLY coming to an end. Pretty soon we'll be saying goodbye to that house forever. It kinda tripped me out.

And then I got the best news of the day... we got the sweet plantation house in Makawao!!! Out of all of those people she chose our family to take care of her beautiful house. And I really do feel like it's a privilege. I am SO EXCITED. This is going to be such an amazing place for us.

I celebrated with a cheeseburger and a milk stout beer. I'm sitting in Pops' quiet house. It was a crazy day, but it was a great day.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

so happy you got the cottage, living in a home you feel comfortable in makes all the difference in the world. moving is so stressful...i am thinking of you. x

Marti said...

Yeah!!! congrats!