Thursday, November 03, 2011

Still in the running!

Thank you to everyone who has emailed asking if we got that sweet house in Makawao. We are still in the running. I actually spoke to the owner today and she was so nice... she misplaced my rental application though so I re-faxed it to her. We had a nice chat and I think we're going to get the house. I am super duper hoping we do because cruising on Craigslist there are a lot of really dumpy rentals out there on Maui. We are talking DUMPY! So now that she has our application again and can verify Peter's employment I am hoping we'll hear from her soon. I would loooooove to spend Christmas in that house!

I've been a packing FIEND. And I love to purge. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE purging. It's my favorite thing about moving. It's strange and funny to come across things and wonder, "Why in the world did I keep this?" and then donate it so it can be someone elses treasure.

I have also really enjoyed coming across boxes that were never unpacked when we moved in here in the first place. I guess since when our stuff was delivered and just "dropped off" I tucked boxes away to completely forget about them. Some of them are such treasures. I found a wood block that Koa carved for me for Christmas that says, "Best Sister Ever". Such a treasure. That one is coming out of it's box! I guess maybe deep down I knew this wasn't our permanent home? I also never hung my Gracie lights. My Gracie lights are so special. Before we sold our condo in Napili I had my dad take them down as I couldn't bare to part with them. So they'll be held until it comes time to put them up again.

We're expecting our first freeze tonight! Gonna dress everyone warm and have the heater on tonight. Tomorrow all the dressers get loaded into the container.

No comments: