Thursday, March 07, 2013

Tammie

I have so many photos to post from the last few weeks. Life has been busy, as usual, and I will get to it.

But I want to take a moment to remember a friend. On Monday morning I found out that my friend Tammie Jones passed away. It was minutes before I was to start photographing a wedding. I had to pull all my emotions in and do my job.

When the date of her funeral was announced today, I decided to go into my high school photo box (haven't done that in YEARS!) and find some pictures of her to remember our time together. I've known her since 6th grade. For my birthday one year, we went to Oahu for my first "big time" concert and we saw Boys II Men, who we were both obsessed with. She and I shared a huge crush on Rufio (Dante Basco) and she had an autographed picture of him that we would giggle at.

She was a beautiful person inside and out. After high school we lost touch for a bit until the advent of Facebook when we reconnected. She sent messages of encouragement to move back to Maui. And when we moved back we always talked of getting together and it just never happened. I am so sad that I didn't make it happen. She is gone so suddenly. My heart aches for her family.

Tammie - I know you're with Angels now and making everyone in Heaven smile.

Tammie, Me, and Abby having a shaving cream fight at Maui High School - 1995

No comments: