Sunday, September 13, 2009

Funny Names

I have a free subscription to Parenting Magazine. I wouldn't get it if it wasn't free because basically it provides me with a good laugh every month into a world of germaphobe parents and anal parenting skills. Sometimes there is an occasional good article or idea.

Anyway, this month the title on the cover says there are 685 baby names listed inside... sure to get ideas... Okay so I was very curious. Good thing I wasn't drinking any chocolate milk cause I surely would have spit it up. Some of these names are HILARIOUS. Now no offense to those that have these names or like these names. I just find them... well... out there. I realize that some may feel the same way about the names I picked for my own children... to each their own is what I say!

But here's a list of the names that I had to giggle at:

Girls: Dove, Whitman, Rhodes, Teal, Carter, McKinley, Coco, Collier, Baker, Turner, Jamaica, Agatha, Gertrude, Atara, Clove, Vena

Boys: Birch, Leaf, Crane, Falcon, Finch, Hamilton, Princeton, Stanford, Navy, Royal, Moss, Harold, Jagger, Monroe, Jefferson, Lincoln, Ralph, Ford, Ranger, Gardner, Fenton, Beckett, Langston, Kipling, Valerian, Burnet, Sorrel

Now clearly I cannot be the only one who thinks these are strange? The funniest one was that Ford and Ranger were listed nearby to each other. Was the author thinking of trucks at this point? And VALERIAN? LOL. Seriously funny.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

What are your names for the baby? I know you have some floating around. I remember when I was pregnant with Quinn, you wanted to tell me your baby names so bad to make sure I was not using one of them. We both liked mixed gender names, remember.