Saturday, September 12, 2009

pajama day!

Two sets of images in this one post. It's a rainy, glorious day today. I feel like I haven't seen good rain in a really long time.

Actually, one of things I was talking to my mom about was the fact that I can no longer hear rain falling upon a metal roof. Rain falling on a metal roof was one of those soothing noises from growing up. And here in Texas the homes are so insulated you can barely hear what's going on outside.

Last night it was raining so hard that I could actually hear the rain pelting our roof and I woke up, opened the shutters, and sat and watched the rain fall at 4am. We've been in such a drought that it was a welcome site to sit there in my jammies and just watch as the street gushed with water, the trees blew in the wind, and the drops fell above my head on our roof.

This morning me and the kids declared it "pajama day" and none of us got dressed. It's been nice sitting around in the PJ's and watching the rain fall outside. The "cool" 71 degree weather is so welcomed after months of 100+ degree days. I hope this is the beginning of our Fall. Welcome Fall... we've been waiting!

I took the camera out this morning to capture some of the beautiful droplets of rain. Here's what I got.
raindrops4
Our bird and squirrel friends will be happy to see their bath full of water!

raindrops3
raindrops2
My "Hawaiian Christmas Tree" on the front porch was wet with dew...

raindrop1

I am also really excited to post these new pictures from Ryenne's first day back at school last week. She was so excited to go back to school and see her friends! Pictured here are Ry and her very good friend, Jackson. They love to play together and are soooo adorable. It's crazy she sat on these very same steps last year and was two years old and so tiny. My oh my she has grown! You can see the post of her first day last year here.

ryfirstday2
I'm actually a little afraid to go buy her some winter-time clothes because she's on a growth spirt right now. She has been wearing 2t clothes and all of a sudden they were all too small and she's in 3t now. Crazy!

ryfirstday
Here is my gorgeous girl on the playground before going to play. She has remnants of a "Rock Star" tattoo on her arm.

1 comment:

Amber said...

WOW she grown so much in a year!! Last year she still had the baby face now she looks like a little lady.