Sunday, November 08, 2009

all is right with the world

All is right in the world... in my house anyway... because Daddy brought Ryenne pink sprinkled donuts for breakfast!

We had a rough night last night. Kai thankfully slept due to a dose of Benadryl and a clear nose for breathing. Once it wore off, he was up coughing and sputtering. Poor baby. Ryenne caught the bug and had a crazy fever last night and coughs that sounded like a seal barking. She was such a trooper though. She talked about the sugar factory on Maui until she fell asleep at 12:30. By 4am her fever was raging again. More tylenol... the thing that really gets me is she looked at me and said, "Mama, I brush my teeth and wash my hands. Why did the germs get me?" I could see the wheels at work in her mind. Such a smart cookie.

Now that she's up and about, she is doing better. The seal cough has gone away for now but she is congested. She's happy with her donut and cartoons though. Kai just went down for a little rest.

No comments: