Saturday, November 28, 2009

An Awesome Couple of Days

It's been a wonderful couple of days... we spent Thanksgiving at Gams and Pops house. It was a chilly day and really beautiful outside. While Gams cooked, Ryenne watched the Macy's parade and Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. Kai was more interested in going out to play...

The turkey finished a little earlier than expected, but it was fabulous. And of course, my favorite canned cranberries! I joke with my mom that it must be a Hawaii thing to love the vacuum sound of the jelly as it slurps out of the can (so similar to Spam! haha).

tday1

So we all headed outside for some fresh air and to play around while Gams was putting the finishing touches on things. Ry went off to run around with Pops and I followed Kai. He is such a boy! Licking rocks and sticks, climbing, ect. Fun!!

tday-2
tday-3
playing tag with Pops
tday-5

tickle session!
tday-6

and more outside playing before the eat-fest
tday-7

tday-8
tday-9

I just love our "violated" turkey above... hehehehehehe

So we were all in a food/turkey coma for quite a while. I should have taken a picture of the pumpkin pie. Because that was the best pumpkin pie I have ever had in my LIFE!

Yesterday, Pops came over with his helper John and they framed out the loft above the living room. This room changes the entire dynamic of our house. It's the first project that turns our entirely beige spec-house into our home. The first reflection of something that WE did. I am so excited.

loft1
loft2

The office will be moving up into this loft space when it's complete. It adds about 120 sq. feet to the house. When it's done, we'll have a play room for the kids!! Soooo excited! Other projects we'll be saving for are paint, flooring, ect. One step at a time.

And since we had to move things out of the living room, Ryenne discovered Peek-A-Boo hanging out in the hutch. I had kept him there so I could see him, but he'd be protected. For those that don't know, Peek-A-Boo is my doggy from when I was a little girl... smaller than Ryenne even. "Peeks" has been a huge part of my life and childhood and I didn't want him getting hurt.

Ry asked if she could sleep with "Peeks" last night and I said yes but she has to be gentle with him. And then this morning this is how I find them. Yes.... heart melting!

rypeek2

rypeek1

No comments: