Monday, November 16, 2009

Thankfulness

thankfultree

It's November and I should have started this just a little earlier, but yesterday I had time and the kids and I went outside looking for twigs. I happened to have a yellow pot and pine cones, so all I had to do was strip off some leaves and put the twig in the pot.

It was really fun picking out the twig with the kids. Ry was diligent about picking out the right one, while Kai was in his monkey backpack with a leash trying to make a break for the street. Lucky thing he couldn't get very far!

We started our tree with each of our names... we are thankful for each other: mommy, daddy, ryenne, kai. And we're adding new "leaves" daily. Last night, Ryenne said she's thankful for her house. I hope this can become a new Dagupion household tradition. Ryenne has gotten very attached to the tree and likes to place the leaves on herself.

A Fall cold front came in last night. It's a brisk 58 outside right now. LOVELY!
Happy Day Everyone!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

It looks beautiful, such a fun way for the little ones to grasp the idea of thanks.