Monday, January 18, 2010

Dentist all around!

Our dental insurance has been in effect for a while now, but it hadn't really been on my mind until I reached this "nesting" phase and found a dentist. This afternoon the whole family went in to the dentist!

This was Ryenne's first time and she was scared. We had prepared by reading Dr. Seuss' Tooth Book and talking about how dentists are friendly and they want to help us keep our teeth clean and perfect. But once we got there and she saw the dental chairs she kinda freaked out.

The dentist was amazing. She was so understanding and gentle with Ryenne and put her completely at ease. Ry walked out with a big smile and goody bag and not afraid of her dentist. Peter and I each had our check-ups and we need just a teensy bit of fillings but not too bad for not going to a dentist in YEARS. I was so proud of Ryenne though. Big girl... wish I had taken pictures of her (but I was holding Kai through her exam).

No comments: