Saturday, January 02, 2010

tsk tsk

No New Year's Eve OR New Year's Day post??? Bad Mama! Tsk tsk.... and I had this whole thought of writing about this past decade and all the changes I've had in my life. Ah well....

Really though... it's just been a rough couple of days! Kai boy has a snotty cold and the nights have been miserable. I haven't had one night in the past couple of days that have left me without a snot ball vomit on some part of my body. Little boy gifts for his mama... LOL.

Peter worked on New Year's Eve, so me and Ryenne snuggled up together and watched a movie. She is terrified of the noises that fireworks make so she spent a good hour and a half with her hands over her ears as the neighborhood came alive with popping noises. Kai slept through that entire part.

The fireworks ended at about 12:30 and Ry passed out. Then at 12:36 just as I shut my eyes, Kai woke up for me and was up a good portion of the night. Poor baby.

New Years Day I invited myself over to my parents and they made me and the kids a wonderful breakfast (otherwise it would have been the tired mama special: cereal!). Came home and rough-housed with Ryenne and then my hips and body hurt so my mom came over and made dinner. AMAZING eggplant parmesan and a separate pan of chicken parmesan. Have I mentioned how glad I am to have my parents nearby? Cause really.... it's awesome.

So that's the start of 2010. We just have to conquer Kai's cold and it'll be all good. The budget is looking good, sticking to plans, trying to organize.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Happy New Year to you and your sweet family. I look forward to reading another year of your lovely blog. Best of wishes.