Saturday, September 13, 2008

Critters

Last night before me and Ry went to bed (Peter was at work) I let the dogs out and they were going totally nuts barking.

So I go outside to see what all the ruckus is about and Dexter is slamming himself into the fence. So I look up and Holy Sh!t there's this HUGE animal on the fence that looks like a giant rat. It was a Possum (is that how you spell it?). That thing was HUGE! I've never seen one before so it freaked me out at first. Poor Ryenne came running out and screamed and ran back in the house.

I got the dogs inside and then explained to her that the animal wasn't going to hurt her. I told her that they wake up when the moon comes out and that he was just hungry and looking for food in the trees and she had nothing to be scared about. But poor baby kept repeating "Animal is hungee (hungry) and he won't bite Ryenne" over and over for about an hour. I hope she wasn't traumatized!

No comments: