Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Updates...

Well we began the day with Ryenne crying that she didn't want to go to school. "I don't like school." is all she kept saying.

"Do you like the sandbox?" I asked. "-Yes"
"Do you like your teachers?" "-Yes"
"Do you like painting and playing with the kids?" "-Yes"
"Okay, well do you like taking a nap?" "-NO MOMMY! No Nap! No school!"

Bingo... my non sleeper!

So Peter couldn't bring himself to follow us to school this morning. So he put her in her carseat for me and I took her to school. She cried all the way inside. We said hello to her teacher, put her lunch away, washed her hands. She was crying the entire time. So then the teacher starts bringing out their first morning project and she cried, then looked at the paints, cried, then looked at the paints... it was pretty funny! I kissed her goodbye and told her we'd be back in just a while and that she was going to have fun. Big, huge elephant tears... by the time I exited the room and was slightly down the hall I didn't hear one bit of tears from her. I'm sure she already had her apron on and was painting!

So then I came home and made me and Peter some breakfast. Sat on the couch and caught up on a couple of shows I'd recorded that I wanted to see. Cleaned the living room (toys were everywhere!) and cleaned the kitchen a bit.

Then it was off to my pre-natal appointment! It was a good appointment. Gained no weight since last week which is good! Baby is moving around a lot and has a good heartbeat. Blood pressure all good. No swelling. Had a pelvic and I'm 2cm and 60% effaced. Baby is at a -1 position. So really all of this is just information and P-2 will show up when he/she is good and ready! But she did give me some advice for things to do to try to speed it up. I need to go get some red raspberry leaf tea and do lots of squats. Which will also be good for my thighs anyway! haha

After the appointment I came home and it was time to pick up Ry. Peter wanted to come for this part (of course!). We got there just after 2pm and Ry was just starting to wake up from her nap. She must have been worn out cause her pillow was wet with drool! So she was definitely in sleepy land!

Her teacher said she had a great day and really loved painting, playing in the sandbox, blowing bubbles, and she learned new songs at chapel time. Ry gave both teachers a hug and said bye to her friends. She was a happy camper and we got no complaints about the day!

It's just after 5pm right now and Peter left for work a little while ago. Just me and her for the rest of the night. When it gets a little cooler we'll go on a walk around the block and then make some dinner. Hopefully off to bed early tonight for a fresh day tomorrow!

No comments: