Thursday, December 03, 2009

One More Angel in Heaven


We had a strange night last night. Ryenne couldn't sleep and we just felt like something wasn't "right". The phone rang at 1:20am but I didn't answer it. When Peter came home this morning he let us know that "Pupu" - Grampa Florencio Dagupion - had passed away.

Pupu led a full life. And we knew that it was coming, but one cannot prepare for these things. I spoke with my mother-in-law this morning and was comforted in knowing that Pupu left us peacefully with people around him who love him. My heart aches for Nana, who was married to him for over seventy years and I'm sure is feeling lonely right now.

When Peter and I first started dating, Pupu had already had a stroke, and I didn't get to know the active Pupu that Peter remembers. Pupu helped raise Peter as a child, and he has so many memories of him that are near and dear. I feel so bad that I can't send him to Maui to grieve with the rest of the family. But I am comforted that Nana has so many family members to be with her and support her. And I hope they all know how much we are sending our love.

Heaven has one more angel. A beautiful soul who will watch over us all. I'm so glad Kai got to meet him back in August!

1 comment: