Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Pedernales Falls

Today Nico went back to Maui. Ry hung on him and begged him to move to Austin. I think he thinks that we told her to do that, but nope... it's all her. She loves her uncle to pieces! So maybe on the plane ride back to Maui he'll think about everyone here in Austin who loves him and that Maui just isn't "home" anymore.

The other day we took a road trip out to Pedernales Falls - a beautiful park not too far out of town. Let me tell you... I was AMAZED. It was spectacularly beautiful. I am really excited to go back and spend more time there. Next time, a picnic lunch is in order and hopefully a warm day when we can go swim!

p-falls

below: The grandparents with their littles!
p-falls-group

p-falls-group1

p-falls-group2

below: Ryenne adored the park! She collected shells, skipped rocks with Nico, got sand in her shoes, and did a wonderful job hiking!

p-falls-ry

p-falls-nico

p-falls-mama

below: There is a gorgeous beach area with sand and the kids kicked off their shoes and played. Kai LOVED this. He decided he wanted to pick up rocks and throw them into the little spring. He'd take the big rocks and lick it, kiss it, and throw it. It was adorable.

p-falls-mekai

Now one of the funniest things about this trip was that I took out my camera battery and charged it before we left. The entire drive up I was so proud that I charged my camera! And then we get there and guess what??? I forgot my memory card. DUH. Talk about a "dork moment".

Peter was sleeping during our outing so for the next one we'll plan it when he can come along.

No comments: