Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A Spring Day

It seems like the trees outside have started sprouting new leaves - almost overnight in fact. Things are starting to get more green and along with Cruz's new life, life begins to refresh outside as well.

Yesterday the family went outside and basked in the sun. It was a beautiful 80 degrees (as it is today too!)

Ryenne and Kai enjoyed throwing leaves with Peter. Kai especially liked the outside play time. He loves to get dirty and be a boy.

030910-05

030910-06

030910-08

Ryenne... my little tree hugger :)

030910-12

And the new blossoms on the trees outside. They were literally bare branches days ago!

030910-11

Just a little out of focus... she was moving quick. But I love it still!

030910-13

And how is the newest member of the family? Well... he is very much like his big sister in many ways. He doesn't like to sleep and hasn't quite learned how to soothe himself. Other than that, he is super sweet. I wanted to have a photo shoot of him yesterday, but he really didn't want to cooperate. I'm happy with what I got, but I really wanted him to fall into a deep sleep to challenge myself artistically with some different things.

I am still in awe at how much he is like his sister and how fair he is. Such a contrast to my dark little Kai Boy. It will be interesting to see how all the genes come into play and what he will look like as he grows. He has very wise eyes. He stares at me so alert as if he's known me for so long. Last night we had conversations just staring at each other while everyone else was asleep.

I am in love with his mouth.

030910-04

Don't let this next one fool you. He wasn't sleeping. He was pooping!

030910-03

So alert... he looks just like me as a baby I think!

030910-02

His "giddy giddy" - hmmmm what do they call this on the mainland? His head swirl?

030910-01

1 comment:

Kristi said...

More, More, More!!!!