Monday, August 22, 2011

First Day of Kindergarten

It's here. The first day of Kindergarten. I can't believe it.

I woke up with Ry super early this morning. On the table was a sparkly bag from the First Day of School Fairy with a pencil case, sparkly erasers, and lunch money. She was excited. 

We ate breakfast together and then headed off for her first day of school. My camera went wacky and wouldn't focus. Thankfully ONE image came out in focus. And even luckier it was one where she's smiling - sorta. The school was a MAD HOUSE. And it's so strange to be in a school that is all indoors. I've never had an all indoors school before - so it was packed with kids and parents. She held my hand so tightly.

We went to the office to find out which class she was assigned to. We walked together to her class and all the tables had the kids names where they're to sit. But she didn't have a name. So we went and met the teacher and she grabbed a chair and sat Ry down. Immediately Ryenne was sad - she didn't have a name spot. She grabbed my hand and got very clingy. I told her she's going to have a great day and that she's  brave. She asked if she had to stay overnight and I assured her that we'd be there at 2:40 to pick her up.

I think this is the first time in a while my big girl showed me her vulnerable baby side. I kissed her and gave her a giant hug and told her to have a wonderful day. And then I left. And she's on my mind - but I know she's having a great time!

No comments: