Sunday, August 14, 2011

Wordless

I have so much to blog about - so many images to share - so many stories of the fun things we've been doing on Maui.

It has been magical. It has renewed me. It's been wonderful watching the kids experience things I love here.

And tomorrow we fly out. I was overcome with emotions today. I ended up bawling to Peter that I don't want to leave. I told myself I'm not flying home to Austin. I'm flying TO Austin and will return HOME to Maui hopefully in December. I am just praying that everything works out as we're hoping.

On Peter's job front, some interesting things may be coming up. The Four Seasons Manele front desk manager was very interested in recruiting him to Manele Bay - which would mean a move to Lanai. His old Bell Captain at the Westin told him a Bell Captain (supervisor) position might just be opening at the Westin really soon - which would mean leaving the Four Seasons to go back to the Westin (but more money as a supervisor). He still has to pan out with his HR in Austin why they haven't sent paperwork to the Maui property. I know they don't want to lose him, but withholding his request is just plain wrong.

As for me, I'm trying to deal with the fact that my flourishing photography business model will be coming to a screeching halt the moment I step foot on Texas ground. I am sad that this will be ending (though temporary).

I AM however, very excited about Ryenne starting school next Monday (KINDERGARTEN) and Cruz and Kai starting preschool on 9/1. I'm excited about seeing my dad and my dear friend Katie.  I'm excited about getting back into a routine and having my own kitchen - but I am just so heartbroken over leaving Maui right now. Completely and totally heartbroken. I don't even think words can describe what I'm feeling sitting here.

So tomorrow I'll say a temporary goodbye to Maui. We're heading to Seattle for a day of play in the Pacific NW and seeing my very first friend in the entire world, Maehren and her family - and will be heading to Austin on Wednesday.

Once I have a moment to breathe and find myself, I'll have pictures and stories of adventures on Maui.

1 comment:

Lacey | Michael | Leilani said...

I understand how you feel about leaving Maui, it's definitely tough. But I'm also so happy that you look at it as a temporary thing, because it IS. You have an amazing gift of looking at every situation in it's best possible light, and that's something that I'm always impressed with about you. Stay strong, tie up loose ends in Texas, and know that you WILL be home to Maui soon. xoxo