Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Busy, busy!

*sigh* it's been so busy around here - but that's a good thing I guess. I still haven't had time to dive into my personal Maui images to sort them and write about them.

I've been paying bills, working on client images, creating a collage for Ry's class, trying to clean up everything in the house so it can show quickly, doing graphic things for my dad, helping my mom with pictures of Grampy - I love doing it all. Just can't wait to get through it all so I can work on some of my stuff.

The kids have been super duper. Kai has been especially inquisitive lately. He's been talking about "mysteries" and creating tall tales - "Mommy, did you know a dinosaur bited me? He did! He did!" And there was a series of firsts yesterday...

After bath Kai came to me and asked why Ryenne's "bobo" was broken. Had to explain to him how girls and boys are different. It was really funny.

And Ry had a dentist appointment yesterday and has three cavities. Grrr..... She was really embarrassed that she had them and in the car asked me, "Please don't tell daddy I have cavities". I had to mark this in my mental calendar as the first of the "don't tell daddy" things she'll tell me in her life. I explained to her that I have to tell daddy about health things and that he won't be mad, but we need to really get the back of her teeth good with the brush.

Today the boys had their "meet the teacher" day at preschool. Kai is very lucky to have the incredible Miss Jenn and Miss Darlene again this year. He jumped right into his class without missing a step. Cruz got to visit his teachers and he did wonderfully. A little fussy when we left him, but as soon as he got a paintbrush in his hand he was just fine without us. They got to hang out for an hour and when we went to get them they didn't want to come home. So I know that Thursdays first day of school will be awesome. I can't wait to take pictures of my two little guys heading in.... So excited for them. I wish I could pick up that entire preschool and move it to Maui.

So it's busy, busy over here and I'm ok with it. It's keeping my mind on the present as much as possible.

No comments: