Sunday, August 21, 2011

It's my birthday!

Well we're back in Austin! We've been back for a few days now and are trying to get used to the time change. It's been kinda rough on the kids - which translates to rough on me and Peter. We haven't gotten a solid night's sleep just yet - but I think we're just about there.

I still have so many pictures and stories to share about Maui and our visit to Olympia, WA. Right now I'm trying to get caught up with my photography clients and then I can really sit down and concentrate on my own images and stories (and relive each moment!).

Today I turn 31 years old. Wow. Honestly I feel so much better about myself in my 30's. I dunno what it is? But I just do. I bought myself a pair of boots. They are gorgeous. Is it possible to be in love with a pair of boots? Why yes it is!

This morning Pops took us all out for breakfast. It was so nice until Cruz decided to drink syrup and barfed everywhere. Such is the life, huh? LOL. I think Pops was the only traumatized one :)

Tomorrow is more big news... Ryenne's first day of kindergarten. I think I might be more nervous than she is. While we tried to register for her school while we were in Hawaii, they wouldn't let us. So I registered her the day after we got back but they said they won't assign her a class until her first day. So we'll find out who her teacher is and see her class and the campus all on the first day. I hope she's not terribly overwhelmed. Actually, I'm confident that she'll do just fine. She's a smart cookie. I wish she had some friends going to the same school though!

Being back in Austin has been nice for a few things though.... the price of food being a big one! I stocked our fridge quite nicely. I've gotten to cook which has been AWESOME. I really missed cooking. And Target... how do I love thee!!! It's tax free weekend, so we went and got Ry some new shorts along with her school supplies. Ry and Kai each got backpacks and lunch boxes. Kai outgrew his shoes so we took him to get a new pair. He got black Toms (which means that another child somewhere in the world gets a free pair of shoes). He calls them his "Airbender Shoes" and he looks like a ninja. They are awesome.

Letsee what else.... it's hot. Really hot. Like crazy hot. Baking hot. It makes it hard to go outside and play. Even the dogs don't want to be outside. But it's ok. This is all temporary and I'm going to enjoy everything that Texas has to offer me right now.

I'm actually looking forward to (slightly) cooler weather come Fall - pumpkins, fall crafts.... I think a trip out to Fredericksburg is in order for October.

Happy day, y'all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back & happy birthday!! It has been the most difficult summer yet for playing outside. It has been really hard! Nervous about first day of school. But Zachariyah is so good about taking things in stride. Leaving for Maui on Thursday with Eliana! So excited. It will be nice to just play outside!!!

Hugs,
Missy