Friday, October 21, 2011

Maui on my mind

Still so many pictures from the summer to go through. I figured I'd get some off my phone while Cruz is napping. I have a big stack of photography things to do, but I figure that I need to take a moment to go through my own images as well. Good for the soul ya know!

Koa, me, and Nico. Kinda funny I'm the oldest and the shortest!

Ry gets a lawnmower ride with Uncle Nico

Airport Beach, North Kaanpali. Peter and I photographed a wedding on the lawn here.

Beautiful Plumeria

The hiking trail we took up the mountain when hiking to the "L"

Part of the way up. SORE LEGS!

The amazing view. We hiked quite a long ways up the mountain!

Part of the way up. I think Lahainaluna High School has the most amazing location for their football field. What a view!

We took the kids to Lanai for three days. It was supposed to be just me and Peter but we decided we would miss the kids too much. They did AMAZING on Lanai. I took them to the stables to ride a pony. The pony's name was "PONY BOY" which Kai really liked cause he said it was just like him. 

Kiddos on Pony Boy

The kids with their paniolo guide

The Lodge at Koele Window Seats are amazing. I adore them.

Playing Croquet

Cruz and Daddy
My big girl adored riding the pony

Kai putting his riding hat on


Ryenne helping Kai. He was a little afraid of being up so high. I got a few pictures like this and then I held his hand. The pony was so sweet and lovey. And the stables were so nice to let us hang out and watch the big horses come in from their rides.
Our visit to the Maui Ocean Center - kids had a blast.

There are still more to go through but I figured I'd get some of these moments online before life moves on and I forget. Plus when we're back home permanently there will be lots of new memories to be made. :)

And onto the present...

Ryenne's first book report. It was about Curious George.

Me scoping out a wedding spot for tomorrow. Zedler's Mill in Luling. I'd love to bring the kids back here before we leave Texas.

Spotted this on the way home from Luling. Kinda weird to put a crashed plane by the Skydive sign... not sure about this marketing!!

My new workhorse. My gear is almost 6 years old. My favorite lens broke and I needed something for low light situations. I bucked up like a big girl and made a business decision that I know will pay off. Hello Nikon!

Ryenne's school has a program where the students can buy a book to be donated to the library. Ryenne chose Princess Justina Albertina and the book is forever inscribed with her name.

1 comment:

maui said...

Thanks for sharing the photos. As our weather is getting cooler, I am missing HI:-) You are so lucky that your family is on Maui, when we live there, our family is here...so here we are for now as well, but someday...:-)!!