Saturday, October 01, 2011

Kai turns 3

My big boy turns 3 today. At 5:05pm precisely he is a whopping 3 years old. There are no words to describe how important and special this boy is.

He is the epitome of thoughtful, lovey, and sweet. He is a Mama's Boy through and through. He has come such a long way in the past year. So much so that I am so incredibly proud of him and want to shout it from the rooftops.

I remember when he started speech therapy I told the therapist, "I just want him to be able to say his name. And I'll be happy!" because my sweet boy lost almost all of his speech. (By the way, if anyone wants to hear my thoughts on his speech loss and delays, please email me and I'll be happy to share with you my thoughts on what happened to him).

Throughout the last year his speech has blossomed. He loves to talk and tell "Tall Tales". His imagination runs wild. His thoughtful comments blow me away all the time. Just the other day he walked up to me and said, "Mama, you're my beautiful and so is my Ry Ry. I love you."

He is the tiniest of my babies. He is still so small that he can climb into my lap and fold himself up into a snuggly little ball. When I go to sleep at night he's curled up on his tummy like a newborn with his legs tucked under him. But don't ever say he's small because he'll yell, "No I'm not! I'm a big boy!"

Kai is a person who loves life. And he's a fighter. I know in my soul that this child will grow to be an incredible person. I love having him as my son. I am so thoroughly honored to be his mom.

He graduated out of the ECI speech and development program (which ends at age 3) so I took him to the Austin School District evaluation to see if he qualified for further therapy through the school system. He was tested and while he still has some small things to work on, he is now testing at the level the rest of his peers would test. It is incredibly gratifying and wonderful to hear that he is at the level he should be. I'm so, so, so proud of him.

Happy 3rd Birthday Kai Boy!!! Love you to infinity and beyond....











3 comments:

Susan said...

Happy birthday BIG BOY! Beautiful pictures Mama

Kristi said...

happy birthday kai boy...you cutie.

Shaun Rey Dagupion (Dj Stylz) said...

these pictures are soooooooo cute!!! kai boy is sooooooo handsome