Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas!!

Let me start by saying that my aim for Christmas photographs was simply to capture it. No glamour, no artsy fartsy... cause the downright truth to Christmas morning is that it is not kind to adults.

Ry woke up right at 6am 'itchin to go downstairs and shred open every gift she could get her hands on. It took a monumental effort to get her to lay in bed with me until 6:30 when Peter got home. I was tired. Peter was tired. Gams & Pops and Nico were all tired. Yes.... you will see in these pictures that we are all exhausted, but it was a FABULOUS, magical, beautiful morning.

xmas1

xmas-opening

xmas

xmas-fishingpole

xmas-gifts

xmas-rybear

xmas-ry

xmas-nico

xmasparents

xmaspops

xmaspeter

These are just a handful of the many images from our morning. We had so much fun opening each gift one at a time... a great chance to savor each one and teaching Ryenne lessons of enjoying what she has before moving onto the next thing.

Among her favorites were a fishing pole from Uncle Nico and a Candyland game to play with me when Kai takes a nap (she's a cheater!).

Kai had a wonderful time putting chocolates in his mouth, playing with his Leapfrog table (a hit!) and anticipating his new bike from Gams and Pops.

We feasted on the beloved Christmas Morning Breakfast... only bestowed upon us once a year and I am kinda sorta thrilled that Peter is lactose intolerant and can't eat it so I can savor all the cheesy goodness myself. Is that bad???

After the gifts were opened, the kids were ready for their naps. Gams, Pops, and Nico all left to go get some rest and Kai went down and I laid down with Ryenne for a nap. It rejuvenated me for the rest of the day.

Gams, Pops, and Nico came back in the evening and we grilled up some Filet Mignon while Gams whipped up savory mashed taters and green beans. It was fabulous. We were all full and happy when we realized we had no dessert but it didn't matter because the dinner was so fabulous. I think we all went to bed in a food coma.

It was a wonderful Christmas. The only thing that could have made it any better would be to have Koa and the Maui Dagupion's here with us. I think that's on order for next year!

Merry Christmas... Mele Kalikimaka!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

What a celebration y'all had! So many gifts. Quinn was gifted Candy Land this year too and he also cheats. I had to bring it back from the States, no such thing as Candy Land here. Merry Christmas!