Thursday, December 17, 2009

The Start of Something New!

creditcards

I will admit it... we are in credit card debt up to our eyeballs. On Maui it got to the point of charging groceries and the electric bill. It's a hard thing to muster up and admit, but I'm at a point in life where I feel I need to own it and deal with it.

So I'm going to begin 2010 with plans to get ourselves out from the shadows of debt. I have a plan. Peter's on board. I have a 2.5 year plan and we'll be free of the plastic. In fact, the plastic has all been cut up and accounts closed. It feels GOOD!

4 comments:

Lori said...

I could have written this. We are in debt up to our eyeballs too. Those darn $500 Maui Electric bills. I wonder how many of us are sunk from trying to stay home for to long. If we had moved to the mainland a couple years earlier it might b a very different story...

Aloha

Mariah said...

Lori! I'm so thrilled you're following my blog. Blessings to you and your 'ohana. I hope all is well!

Kristi said...

So brave! This step will change your life. I think we all need to take steps to cut back. We have been taking many steps out of a desire to not use more than we really need. Michael travels to work by train and we only own one vehicle which works out perfectly, who knew. It is very common here to only own one car. I am also trying to produce more meatless meals for our family. There are so many ways to cut back. Anyway, I think you are so brave for doing this.

Lori said...

Hi Mariah!

I found a link I had bookmarked ages ago....lol.

Yep we are in the same boat. It's snowing here in Oregon, were in debt up to our eyeballs, and homesick. The light at the end of the tunnel is that we WILL be able to get caught up one day because of the cheaper cost of living. Which wasn't going to happen at home. We are trying to decided if we want to pay cc bills with our tax refund or go home for a couple weeks.

Aloha :)